Green 4 Grey project – final conference programme announced
Jul 1, 2019
The Flemish Land Agency (VLM) has now published the programme for the final conference of the Green4Grey project which will take place in Brussels on September 25 and 26 2019. PURPLE supported the original project application to the LIFE programme and has subsequently contributed to the establishment of a peri-urban Green Infrastructure expert group as part of the project's work.
The programme can be downloaded here
The registration form for the field visit on 25 September and the conference day on 26 September can be accessed from within the programme document or directly at:
Please note - deadline for registrations is 10 September 2019.
Thematic Working Group on Peri-urban Landscape – first details released
Jun 27, 2019
The next PURPLE Thematic Working Group meeting will focus on the topic of peri-urban landscape and will be led and hosted by the region of Wielkopolska.
It will take place in Brussels on the afternoon of September 18. A programme and other details will be circulated in advance. Anyone interested in participating is asked to contact email@example.com
PURPLE Board election results 2019
Jun 8, 2019
The PURPLE General Assembly elects a President and Executive Board every two years. On the occasion of the 30th General Assembly held on May 29 2019 in Potsdam, PURPLE Treasurer Paul Van der Sluys took the General Assembly through the formal process of seeking and voting upon nominations for positions on the PURPLE Executive Board:
- Mrs Helyn Clack had indicated her desire to continue as network President in advance of the meeting. There were no other applications. Approved unanimously, Helyn Clack (Surrey, South East England) conﬁrmed as President.
- Herr Rouven Koetter had indicated his willingness to serve as a network Vice-President in advance of the meeting. Approved unanimously, Rouven Koetter (FrankfurtRheinMain) conﬁrmed as Vice-President.
- Mr Mark Winnington had expressed a wish to continue in his existing role as Vice-President in advance of the meeting. Approved unanimously, Mark Winnington (West Midlands) conﬁrmed as Vice-President.
- Mr Miroslav Kubásek indicated his wish to serve as an Executive Board member. Approved unanimously, Miroslav Kubásek (South Moravia) conﬁrmed as Executive Board member.
- Mr Paul Van der Sluys expressed his willingness to continue as network Treasurer and ex-officio Executive Board member. There were no other candidates. Approved unanimously, Paul Van der Sluys (Flanders) conﬁrmed as Treasurer.
ROBUST project, Meeting 4
May 25, 2019
PURPLE Secretary General Vincent O’Connell together with Treasurer, Paul Van der Sluys, were in attendance at the fourth partnership meeting of the ROBUST project held in Helsinki on May 20-22.
O'Connell delivered a presentation updating project partners on each of the five ROBUST "Communities of Practice" topic areas and current EU-level policy developments.
The meeting marked the halfway stage of this four-year project with PURPLE due to continue in its role of leading work on policy dimensions of rural-urban linkages. As part of that work PURPLE will be producing a set of topic papers and guidance materials as well as a suite of policy recommendations and an overall project manifesto.
Invitation - Dear Landscape final event - IKOB Eupen, 19 June 2019
May 2, 2019
Our colleagues and friends from the Three Countries Park within the Euregio Meuse-Rhine have extended an invitation to all interested parties to join them at the culmination event of the project Dear Landscape (2017-2019).
Many PURPLE members will already be familiar with the peri-urban Three Countries Park and will recall previous conversations we have had at PURPLE Working Group meetings about the sorts of urbanisation pressures faced there and the need for high quality recreational and multifunctional landscape areas such as those the park offers.
The Dear Landscape project focuses on improving understanding of what people appreciate in their everyday environment and sets out to bring details of this non-monetary value to the attention of policy makers and public administrations.
Further details of the project can be found here in German, French, Dutch and English.
Also attached is a formal invitation document
We are invited to register at: https://forms.gle/qfTQFqZUMVjzK8Eg9
Green4Grey – final event details announced – Save the Date
Apr 8, 2019
The LIFE programme project Green4Grey (2013-2019) has been looking at how green and blue infrastructure can respond to the urbanisation of the Flemish and European landscape.
Led by the Flemish Land Agency (VLM), the successful application was submitted with a letter of support and commitment from PURPLE.
Details of the final project event have just been announced with a field visit and conference due to take place on September 25 and 26.
Attached is a Save a Date notice. Further details will become available next month and will appear on the project website at: www.green4grey.be