31st PURPLE General Assembly - Registration open
Sep 4, 2019
THe 31st PURPLE General Assembly will take place in Brussels on the morning of Friday September 27 2019. Registration forms have been circulated to PURPLE members and can also be downloaded from the meetings section of this website. Anyone else wishing to attend the General Assembly is asked to contact info@purple_eu.org
PURPLE at the Council of Europe
Aug 1, 2019
PURPLE Secretary General Vincent O'Connell accepted an invitation to address the Governance Committee of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities Europe CLRAE) - the assembly of locally/regionally elected representatives which is the political assembly of the Council of Europe. The event was held in Várpalota,Hungary in mid June and included a debate on rural-urban interplay which Mr O'Connell was asked to address. As well as explaining how PURPLE operates in its mission to support peri-urban regions, Mr O'Connell addressed the relationships that characterise peri-urban areas in terms of movement of people; markets and goods; resources and materials, and; governance.
The presentation was followed by a lively Q&A session lasting around 45 minutes. Fuller details will be shared at he forthcoming PURPLE General Assembly.
Green 4 Grey project – final conference programme announced
Jul 1, 2019
The Flemish Land Agency (VLM) has now published the programme for the final conference of the Green4Grey project which will take place in Brussels on September 25 and 26 2019. PURPLE supported the original project application to the LIFE programme and has subsequently contributed to the establishment of a peri-urban Green Infrastructure expert group as part of the project's work.
The programme can be downloaded here
The registration form for the field visit on 25 September and the conference day on 26 September can be accessed from within the programme document or directly at:
Please note - deadline for registrations is 10 September 2019.
Thematic Working Group on Peri-urban Landscape – first details released
Jun 27, 2019
The next PURPLE Thematic Working Group meeting will focus on the topic of peri-urban landscape and will be led and hosted by the region of Wielkopolska.
It will take place in Brussels on the afternoon of September 18. A programme and other details will be circulated in advance. Anyone interested in participating is asked to contact email@example.com
PURPLE Board election results 2019
Jun 8, 2019
The PURPLE General Assembly elects a President and Executive Board every two years. On the occasion of the 30th General Assembly held on May 29 2019 in Potsdam, PURPLE Treasurer Paul Van der Sluys took the General Assembly through the formal process of seeking and voting upon nominations for positions on the PURPLE Executive Board:
- Mrs Helyn Clack had indicated her desire to continue as network President in advance of the meeting. There were no other applications. Approved unanimously, Helyn Clack (Surrey, South East England) conﬁrmed as President.
- Herr Rouven Koetter had indicated his willingness to serve as a network Vice-President in advance of the meeting. Approved unanimously, Rouven Koetter (FrankfurtRheinMain) conﬁrmed as Vice-President.
- Mr Mark Winnington had expressed a wish to continue in his existing role as Vice-President in advance of the meeting. Approved unanimously, Mark Winnington (West Midlands) conﬁrmed as Vice-President.
- Mr Miroslav Kubásek indicated his wish to serve as an Executive Board member. Approved unanimously, Miroslav Kubásek (South Moravia) conﬁrmed as Executive Board member.
- Mr Paul Van der Sluys expressed his willingness to continue as network Treasurer and ex-officio Executive Board member. There were no other candidates. Approved unanimously, Paul Van der Sluys (Flanders) conﬁrmed as Treasurer.
ROBUST project, Meeting 4
May 25, 2019
PURPLE Secretary General Vincent O’Connell together with Treasurer, Paul Van der Sluys, were in attendance at the fourth partnership meeting of the ROBUST project held in Helsinki on May 20-22.
O'Connell delivered a presentation updating project partners on each of the five ROBUST "Communities of Practice" topic areas and current EU-level policy developments.
The meeting marked the halfway stage of this four-year project with PURPLE due to continue in its role of leading work on policy dimensions of rural-urban linkages. As part of that work PURPLE will be producing a set of topic papers and guidance materials as well as a suite of policy recommendations and an overall project manifesto.